Here at Native Range, we pride ourselves on making sure you receive the best quality product in the best condition! We go above and beyond with our craftsmanship and care so that you can relax and enjoy your new sign. For your convenience though, we wanted to put all the information you may need HERE!
The steps we take for you!
- We use an oil based stain and durable outdoor paint.
- We coat our products with poly, however we do not apply it heavily as it darkens over time and will discolor the white letters on the sign.
- We use a water based poly on our signs instead because it doesn't discolor as badly as a petroleum based product. (The poly is also matte so you don’t have to worry about a really shiny glaze on it)
Care tips for you!
- If your sign is in a covered location out of direct sunlight or moisture (like a covered porch), it should last a very long time without much extra help other than the occasional dusting.
- If your sign is going to receive direct sunlight or moisture we recommend a can of Helmsman Spar Urethane to spray on it every 6 months or so. The spray is preferable to a wipe on product so you’re not dragging dust or stain pigment over the lighter colored letters which may discolor them. The spar provides UV protection from fading, as well as moisture protection. (It is found at most hardware stores for around $10 in the paint and stain section!)